From: Chen, Reh-Lin
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 2:37 PM
Subject: I-880/Davis Street - Commencing May 16, 10:00 pm
Because Caltrans is late in this public outreach, I am sending you this new traffic alert concerning an upcoming new stage of I-880/Davis Street construction project with highlights as follows:
- Contractor will close current I-880 Southbound Davis off ramp (from Oakland area) on Friday night, May 16, 10:00 pm
- A new, permanent Southbound Davis off ramp will be open to traffic on Saturday morning, May 17 but with a right-turn movement only going towards Costco.
- Commencing Monday, 05/19/14, following roadway conditions will be last for four to six weeks –
- Westbound Davis Street will be on the newly built bridge
- Westbound Davis Street to I-880 Southbound on-ramp (to Hayward/Fremont) will make a right-turn movement onto a ramp like before (No More Left Turns!!!)
- I-880 Southbound Off-ramp traffic making a left-turn movement onto Eastbound Davis Street (i.e., Downtown San Leandro) will be on the newly build bridge as well.
- However, regular Eastbound Davis Street from west of Warden Ave (e.g., Costco, Home Depot) to Downtown San Leandro will be still on the existing, old roadway.
I will keep you posted of any Caltrans official notice soon. Please contact me if you have questions.
Reh-Lin N. Chen, P.E., PTOE
Senior Transportation Engineer
City of San Leandro
835 E. 14th Street
San Leandro, CA 94577
Tel: (510) 577-3438
Fax: (510) 577-3294
This is regarding upcoming Stage 5 work at Davis. This work is scheduled for May 16 starting at 10:00 pm through May 19 in the morning. During this weekend, contractor will close current SB Davis off ramp on Friday night, shift Krail and stripe permanent SB Davis off ramp. The permanent SB Davis off ramp will be open to traffic on Saturday morning but with right turn movement only going towards Costco.
During this closure, RGW has to do tremendous amount of work such as remove existing SB temporary detour off ramp, build temporary retaining wall near the intersection, bring the fill up on the west side of 880 to complete the remaining portion of Davis local street, place utilities, PG&E will install their gas line, drainage work, electrical work, build structural section, place hot mix asphalt, stripe and place Krails.
RGW is requesting if they could close one lane in WB direction at Davis for 55 hours. After the end of 55 hours, the WB Davis traffic will be on the new bridge. We would like to meet you in person to discuss the details and possibility of closing one lane in WB direction at Davis. We could meet tomorrow or on Monday. Please let us know about your availability.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please call me at (510) 867-6029.
25100 Santa Clara St
Hayward, CA 94544
(510) 670-7831 (O)
(510) 670-4912 (F)